I was still 17 at the time and looking forward to spending all summer with Nathan (my HS sweetheart and now my hubby of 16 years). Needless to say there were a lot of tears and pleading on my part, but my aunt was moving out and that was the best way to get me there.
The summer was spent living with my aunt in student apartments, cleaning a bank (I can't count how many times I set the alarm off!), hanging out at the pool with people several years older than myself, talking to Nathan on the phone, and waiting to get into on-campus housing.
I turned 18 a few weeks before classes started and shortly after the summer Olympics. These "older" (seriously they were like 23 or something, LOL) through me an Olympic themed birthday party before I moved onto the campus.
- President of the United States George H. W. Bush meets with President of Russia Boris Yeltsin at Camp David, where they formally declare that the Cold War is over.
- Winter Olympics in France--remember when we got both in one year?
- Nathan sent me a rose on Valentine's day to school and signed it "I Love You"
- For you Taylor Lautner fans--he was born this year, this month, along with Freddie Highmore (I only know this because of Wikipedia)
Space Shuttle Atlantis takes off from Cape Canaveral carrying instruments designed to study global warming.
I attend my Senior Prom with Nathan.
- Space Shuttle Endeavor makes its maiden flight, as a replacement for the lost Space Shuttle Challenger.
- Graduation, and said good bye to my friends as I packed up for college.
- The first World Ocean Day is celebrated, coinciding with the Earth Summit held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Two skeletons excavated in Yekaterinburg are identified as Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and Tsarina Alexandra.
- Selena Gomez was born.
- The Summer Olympics are held in Barcelona, Spain.
- My birthday
- Demi Levato was born.
Nick Jonas was born--I think that covers that whole Disney era?
Pope John Paul II issues an apology, and lifts the edict of the Inquisition against Galileo Galilei.
Josh Hutcherson was born.
I forgot--Miley Cyrus was born.